The DCCA CPF Group now stands at a relatively high position in the national league table of some 250 regional groups which suggest that our voices are being heard and hopefully with your help we will continue to maintain our position.
TOPIC: "Ideas for the Next Conservative Manifesto"
The world is ever changing and we must respond by changing with it. The challenges faced by the country today are very different from those of 2010, or even 2019, not least: war in eastern Europe; escalating tensions with Russia and China; threats to the Union in both Scotland and Northern Ireland; global supply chains still reeling from the impact of restrictions introduced on businesses and families across the Western world from spring 2020; economic growth lagging behind our international competitors; inflation at its highest for 40 years; government debt and related costs at levels last seen in the early 1960s; the highest tax burden since the 1940s; fewer than three-in-five primary school-leavers meeting the expected standards for reading, writing and maths; and record numbers of patients waiting for an operation or cancer screening, diagnostic tests and treatment.
The topic of "Ideas for the Next Conservative Manifesto" will pose questions such as:
- What length do you think the Party’s next manifesto should aim to be?
- How might we “join up core values, big issues and leadership, using policies as an illustration of these forces” to produce a manifesto that inspires voters?
- What do you think the major overarching or organising themes (chapters or sections) of the next manifesto should be?
- What short phrase (3-6 words) do you think should capture the overall message of the next manifesto?
- What key areas of legislation would you pledge to (i) withdraw, (ii) revise or (iii) introduce?
- Is there any other observation you would like to make?
GUEST SPEAKERS: Danny Kruger MP and Nick Stovold, CPF Ambassador for the South West Region with Cllr Iain Wallis, Lead Member for the Economy Devizes Area Board
- Presentation by Guest Speakers
- Open Forum
- Comments input
LOCATION: The Burbage & Easton Royal British Legion Hall, 58 Eastcourt Rd, Burbage, Marlborough SN8 3AJ
Members will be entitled to 1 free drink on arrival
Tickets are limited to 15 sitting and a few standing so please book early. Should the demand exceed 15 or so applications, then we propose to stage another session within a week or so of this event
Buy tickets online now - £3 / ticket